After heading back home, I helped my mom bake some cookies before having our annual Linguini and Clam Sauce dinner (one of my grandmother's specialities). This dinner is always such a fun time and didn't disappoint!
Saturday was a big day for Easter preparation. We made our Easter Bunny Cake (a tradition in our family) and decorated the cookies I made the day before. I also painted three of my cousins's nails in addition to my own!
Dinner that night was pretty laid back- barbecue chicken out by the pool, which I can't complain about!
Sunday morning started off quite early as I got up to curl my hair and get ready for the day. My cousins, siblings, and I opened our Easter baskets before going to Easter Mass. After Mass ended, we headed home for a bit before going to brunch at my grandparents's country club. In between Mass and brunch, my brother and I shot pictures for Wednesday's Post.
As always, brunch was heavenly and left me in the most glorious food coma known to mankind! One of my favorites this year was the mini macarons, they were so yummy!
After brunch ended, I blogged and we walked down to the park in my grandparents's neighborhood before it started to rain. It was a fairly low-key afternoon, which I can't complain about of course!
Monday was our designated beach day. I slept in and had a fairly laid back morning before we headed out to the beach after lunch. I unfortunately forgot to bring my phone but I enjoyed a couple of naps on the sand and just hanging out. We also had dinner at the beach club and my uncle and I stopped at Publix (the grocery store for all of you non-Southerners) to pick up a few pints of ice cream to have for dessert!
After getting back to my grandparents's house, I packed up all my stuff and just hung out. My cousins and siblings "played" Chopped, which was entertaining to say the least! We had a delicious dinner of fajitas before wrapping up the day!
Unfortunately, early Wednesday morning meant it was time to head back home! We grabbed breakfast at Starbucks before hitting the road for our 6 hour ride back. The ride wasn't too bad (not all of traffic, thank goodness) so we made it home in the early afternoon! I spent the rest of the day unpacking, working on a few school-related things, and then blogging!
On Thursday, I slept in and blogged before getting up and getting ready for the day. My mom and I ran out to Target and then we went out to lunch and to see the new Divergent movie, Allegiant, with my brother and sister. After the movie ended, I spent the afternoon packing and checking a few items off of my to-do list before our flight to NYC this morning!
On my Radar this week:
1. New York City! My mom and I are flying up to NYC today for the weekend to celebrate my 17th birthday a bit early (my actual birthday is April 14)! I am so excited, ever since watching Gossip Girl for the first time freshman year, I have been so eager to return to the city! Stay up to date on my adventures by following me on Instagram and Twitter!
2. Lilly Pulitzer' is one of my all-time favorite brands. Is this what you imagined what the Queen of Prep's grandson to look like?
3. I loved reading Annaliese's post on How to Run a Successful Blog While in College!
4. I decided that this Kate Spade chair will be in my home someday! Oh so gorgeous, if you have the budget or space for this beauty, let me live vicariously through you
5. Love this article Krista wrote about the new Instagram update!
Be sure to check out my posts from this past week!
Hop into Easter Linkup: Favorite Easter Links Roundup, Red Right Returning to Sunny Days, Spring Wishlist, Happiness Is..., Fitbit Fitness