Backing up to last Friday (January 29, for reference as I can't believe January was only a few days ago!), my grandparents arrived to spend the week with my siblings and I as my parents have been in Hawaii for a work trip this past week (lucky ducks)! As much as I wish I was currently in Hawaii, it has been so fun having my grandparents here for the week!
Saturday morning, my grandmother and I decided to go out to brunch at one of my favorite restaurants for breakfast/brunch! I haven't been in the longest time (probably not since the summer before my sophomore year) but it was so good, I mean who doesn't love pancakes covered in powdered sugar?
After brunch, I attempted (key word attempted) to get some homework done on Saturday afternoon. I also babysat for two of my favorite kiddos that night, which is always a lot of fun!
On Sunday morning, I slept in and made myself some breakfast before doing all of my homework and studying for a key dates quiz for APUSH. Unfortunately, that's pretty much what I did all day so I don't have a lot to report on for y'all!
Monday started off a very busy school week for me! The new-ness of the semester has definitely worn off in all of my classes so this week was full of assignments, a video project, an extremely hard Pre Calculus test, and a bunch of quizzes throughout the week! The first week of the month is always a busy one for me meetings-wise as I had quite a few this week during lunch.
As y'all probably know, I teach a religious education class at my Church on Monday nights and I cannot tell you how much better your day is after spending a hour and a half with a group of first graders. The snow from a few weekends ago is long gone and a few days this week it has passed 70 degrees, which definitely calls for borrowing a bright Lilly top from my mom's closet. Hopefully, this warm weather will stick around because I don't think I can handle any more cold (or North Carolina's version of cold)!
On my radar this week:
1. An earlier spring this year! The groundhog did not see his shadow earlier this week, which means that, hopefully, we will be having an early spring this year! Which means Lilly shifts and iced coffee without frozen hands are right around the corner ;)
2. Bailey is behind one of my favorite Instagram accounts and I am so excited she started her blog, Navy or Nothing, this week!
3. Lent! Ash Wednesday is right around the corner and I am pretty sure that I will be giving up sweets and bread! I give up sweets every year but bread is a new one that will definitely be very hard! If you participate in Lent, what are you giving up/doing for Lent?
4. Riley's birthday brunch is way too cute!
5. I started on one of my 101 in 1001 goals this past week: reading 20 new, just-for-fun books (please tell me I'm not the only one who reads the same 4 books over and over). I started (and finished) The Royal We this week and I love it! It's a light, fun read with a great storyline. Be sure to leave any book recommendations in the comments or email me (email@example.com) as I would love to hear your favorites!
Also, be sure to check out my posts from this past week: