Since getting back from New York on Saturday, my week has been so busy. I've been nannying a lot, attended a leadership retreat for my school, and just have been trying to get everything done before school starts again in a few weeks (trying not to think about it haha!).
Friday was our last day in New York so my family and I ended our trip by just trying to soak up everything we love to do there- go tubing, boat rides, paddleboarding, and hanging out on the beach. Of course, we had to pack everything up which is never fun. Since we wanted to get on the road fairly early, we had a fairly early bedtime after watching the Olympic Opening Ceremony!
Saturday morning was our travel day and we drove the 13 to 14 hour (depending on traffic) drive from Upstate New York back home to North Carolina. It was definitely a long day but went by kind of quickly with the help of Netflix (I'm currently re-watching Gossip Girl) and Spotify!
|One last picture of the lake before leaving!|
We've made it kind of a tradition to stop at Chick-fil-a on our way home so we stopped there to grab some dinner. After two weeks of no Chick-fil-a, it definitely makes me not want to move out of the South haha!
Sunday was spent unpacking and working on some blog stuff as well as going to Target. Nothing too exciting!
Monday it was back to everyday life as I worked in the morning and had my first Pure Barre class in a while (I'm convinced the studio comes up with new moves every time I'm away). That afternoon I worked on some blog work and hung out with my family!
On Tuesday, I was invited to attend my school's leadership conference. Despite it being a very long day (it went from 7 AM to 5 PM), it was a good experience to help contribute ideas to help improve my school and we participated in some fun activities!
Wednesday morning, I nannied and then afterwards I went to Pure Barre. I came home to eat lunch and then I was determined to go outside and sit by the pool as I feel like I haven't done that all summer. But of course, it started to rain and I had to go and sit on our screened in porch instead although that wasn't that bad!
I was able to sleep in on Thursday morning, which honestly was heavenly! I went to work a bit later as I worked all day Thursday and the boy I nanny and I had a very busy day. We played at his house, picked up lunch, and then drove over to the Splash Park in Uptown Charlotte.
The park was right next to one of my favorite coffee shops, Not Just Coffee, so afterwards I knew I wanted to stop in and grab a coffee for me and a chocolate milk for the boy I nanny. My blogging friend Annaliese and I went to a different location of Not Just Coffee earlier this year (which you can read about in this post) but this was my first time visiting this location! And y'all it was so cute! They had a little sign that said "Wake Up" and it looked like the perfect place to bring your laptop and get some work done!
Afterwards, we headed out again to finish our day with a trip to the Lego Store at the mall. The Lego Store is right next to my favorite, Lilly Pulitzer, but obviously I didn't get to stay and look along long with the three year old boy that I nanny haha! We then headed back to the family I nanny for's house and then soon enough, I drove back home to eat dinner with my family and watch Big Brother!
On my Radar this week:
1. Last week, Instagram introduced a new feature that has the whole blogging world up in arms-Instagram Stories. I never have had snapchat (for either a personal one or a blog one) so I am personally loving this! Let me know what you're thinking about the new feature in the comments and be sure to follow me on Instagram so you can see my stories!
2. College Applications opened on August 1 sending me and every other rising senior in the country into a frenzy of getting their applications ready! I have quite a bit more work to do before I'll be ready to submit mine but I can't wait to share with y'all more about the college application process in the coming months!
3. After hearing about it for years, I finally signed up for theSkimm and I love it so far! Every day, they send you an email that updates you on all of the news in a way that makes anyone able to understand it! Not to mention it only takes under 5 minutes to read and you have a better knowledge of what's going on our world (let's be real before I was only getting news from occasionally watching the Today Show in the morning!)
4. After two weeks of terrible for you but delicious food in Upstate New York, I definitely need to get back on track with healthy eating! For me, the easiest way to do this is to cut out dessert (my weakness) and replace it with HaloTop Ice Cream. Hopefully, eating healthier as well as going to Pure Barre regularly again will help me fit back into my clothes which are a bit tight now haha!
5. Like everyone else, I have been watching the Olympics all week! I always love the Olympics and find it amazing all the things these athletes can do (makes me wish that I was a bit more athletic haha!).
Be sure to check out this week's posts: