Every Christmas morning, my siblings and I always wake up bright and early to head downstairs to open gifts. Somehow, this year I managed to sleep to 7:30 and then we waited for everything to be ready downstairs before we ran down! Lots of gifts were exchanged and I'm thrilled and so lucky for all of my gifts. After putting my gifts away, I changed out of my pajamas and my mom and I began to get ready for lunch and then the big dinner. We also made my favorite part of Christmas dinner, the Peppermint Ice Cream cake!
We had Christmas dinner with my next-door neighbors so there was a lot of food to go around and it was just as delicious as I hoped!
Saturday morning, my family and I along with my grandfather (who lives in Alabama) and my uncle headed down to Florida to visit my grandparents. Typically they come and spend Christmas with us but this year they weren't able to make it. Traffic was a bit of a nightmare (our typical 6 hour drive turned into 7.5) but I was thrilled when we finally pulled into my grandparents's driveway.
My grandparents live right near the beach and their neighborhood actually has a clubhouse on the beach. We decide to go to the Beach Club for dinner and the food (plus the views) didn't disappoint! We came home to open presents and then headed off to bed!
(sorry that this picture is a bit grainy!)
Sunday morning, I slept in and enjoyed a delicious breakfast of homemade monkey bread before going on a long walk with my mom and brother. It was so warm in Florida during our trip and I honestly kept on thinking that it was Easter Break rather than Christmas Break! It was the perfect excuse to break out my new workout tank from Lululemon and I couldn't believe I was able to wear norts!
One of the gifts we gave my grandmother was a pasta maker so on Sunday night, she treated us too a dinner of homemade pasta which was heavenly!
My mom and I took my dog on another long walk on Monday morning before heading to the beach for a little bit. We wanted to take my dog to the beach so she could run around and jump into the water so we decided Monday morning would be the best time for that! The beach was surprisingly crowded and I would of thought it was June with the amount of people in swimsuits!
In the afternoon, my grandmother and I ran a few errands before meeting back up with everybody to go out to dinner!
Tuesday morning, my mom, grandmother, and I went shopping at a outdoor mall near my grandparent's house. I had gotten a few gift cards and then some money for Christmas so I was able to put those to good use! After doing a bit of shopping, we went out to lunch and then headed back! I spent the rest of the afternoon taking down the Christmas decorations at my grandparents's, packing, and then blogging!
My family and I headed back home on Wednesday. Traffic wasn't too bad but it started to rain probably a hour outside of Charlotte which wasn't the funnest way to end the trip! Once we arrived back home, I spent the rest of the day unpacking and hanging out before heading to bed early!
I ran two miles with my dog Thursday morning before spending the rest of the day running errands, taking down Christmas decorations, cleaning, and blogging. Later in the day, my family and I headed over to a family friend's house to celebrate NYE!
This week, these have been on my radar:
1. Lilly Pulitzer's bi-annual sale starts on Monday morning at 8 AM! Hopefully I'll find a way to shop as school starts for me on Monday so fingers crossed on that! I have a post going up tomorrow along with one on Monday (the day of the sale, it's only one day this year!) with tips but in the meantime be sure to check out tips that I wrote for the sale last August!
2. I have been loving the #2015BestNine hashtag on Instagram! I posted mine yesterday and it's so fun to see some of my old Instagram posts from the year! Be sure to follow me on Instagram for all of this year's posts!
3. I'm planning out content for 2016! Comment below or email me any suggestions for blog posts that you'll love to see!
4. I love this outfit from Alyssa!
5. I know this makes two Lilly related items on my radar but I received my preview of the spring line this week and all of the pieces are GORGEOUS! I need to start saving my money now!