After staying up late on New Year's Eve, I slept in super late, which was great! I spent the rest the day organizing and then just relaxing at home!
Saturday morning, I slept in (again) and then got ready for the day. My mom, brother, and I went to go see the final Hunger Games movies and I know I am totally late in seeing it (that is what happens when it comes out the same weekend as Homecoming and then you have exams!) but oh my goodness, it was amazing!
Saturday night, to celebrate New Year's and for the last night of Christmas Break, my family and I ate our favorite steakhouse down in SouthPark. After break, it is safe to say I need to go on a major detox diet (too many Christmas cookies) but dinner was amazing and it was great to spend some quality time with my family before starting school again on Monday!
I wore my homecoming dress, which is featured in this post!
Sunday was my last day of Christmas Break so I spent the day running errands with my mom, reading, blogging, and relaxing before school started the next day!
School began again on Monday morning but I didn't have class quite yet as my school puts on a program called Bridge Week each year. Bridge Week bridges the first and second semesters together and for a week, my school attends lectures and participates in various activities. This year, Bridge Week only was three days so class began again on Thursday (and so did homework, explaining why this post is up later than usual).
This week has definitely a bit of a struggle readjusting to homework and school, which explains my lack of an active presence on Instagram. Next week is my last week of the first semester but I am definitely starting to feel the stress of the second semester from signing up for my SATs and ACTs, beginning college essays, and getting my midterm exam grades back. I am so excited for a weekend to get ahead on some homework and to hopefully pre-plan some blog posts for y'all to read this week!
On my radar this week:
1. I uploaded my first YouTube video, a "What I Got For Christmas 2015" video! Be sure to watch it here!
2. This outfit from Amy is gorgeous and makes me long for spring (seriously how long till spring break?)
3. The Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale was Monday and my mom shopped for me as I started school (thanks mom!). She said the line took a lot longer than last summer and the app wasn't working but I still picked up a few great pieces! I am so excited for my pieces to get here (hopefully soon!)
4. Love Caroline's detox plan for kicking off 2016!
5. Kate Spade just released their new arrivals and they are gorgeous! My favorites are this dress, this bow top, this bikini top, this striped wallet, and this eat cake for breakfast cake plate!
Be sure to check out my posts from this past week!