Because of the blogging break I took last week to spend time studying, it's been quite a while since we have caught up.
My last My Chic Week left y'all in the midst of my college trip to Savannah, Georgia and Charleston, South Carolina. On the last day of our trip, we grabbed breakfast at the hotel before heading over to the Menkin Abbey monastery. It was so gorgeous there and was fun to walk around during our tour. After visiting Menkin Abbey, we went to Panera for lunch then headed back home (despite some horrific traffic).
The Sunday after my college trip, I went to Southpark Mall to pre-order my Lilly for the Splash into Summer. I knew that since I would have family in town during Memorial Day Weekend and that I would have to study so I decided to pre-order so that I could still get the Gifts with Purchase. And y'all, I totally recommend doing this as the store isn't as crowded and it's so easy. I love trying everything on while at the Lilly store (doing this is actually one of my tips for saving money at Lilly, which you can read about in this post) and all of the recent pieces are stunning!
My last week of classes was crazy, which you may have guessed. I had a bunch of quizzes, a few meetings to wrap up the school year, as well as a giant APUSH project to work on. Phew, I'm glad it's summer!
After a crazy week of school, I was so thankful for a fun weekend spent with my extended family! I started my weekend off by picking up my Lilly at the mall and then hanging out with my cousins, my siblings, and my grandparents while my parents, my aunt, and my uncle went to a concert. Saturday was our big lake day, which was so much fun (even though I got a sunburn!). After the lake, we hung out by the pool and had dinner with our neighbors. Sunday was pretty relaxed and was nice to hang out and chill before exam week. And then Monday was spent studying for Pre Calc!
After Memorial Day Weekend, it was time for everyone's not-so-favorite week: exams. I spent so much time studying but I am so relieved for the school year to finally be over!
My younger brother graduated from middle school last week so it was fun to take a break from studying for a little bit and attend the graduation as well as the dinner afterwards. Can't believe that he will be a freshman at my school this fall!
Last Saturday, I took the SAT for the second time. I'm so glad it's over but unfortunately, I am taking the ACT tomorrow but after that I will be done with my standardized testing for the summer!
I am really loving being on summer break. Sunday was great as I was able to sleep in and then swam in the pool all afternoon. Afterwards, my family and I made the Frozen Hot Chocolate that my mom and I bought during our trip to NYC, which was so delicious!
This week has been a lot of fun as I have started my summer nannying job as well as been going to Pure Barre classes afterwards, which I am loving so far! This week has brought plenty of exploring around Charlotte as I went to Duck Donuts on Monday and then to Dean and Deluca on Tuesday. Both were amazing and I will definitely be visiting both again soon!
After nannying on Wednesday, I met up with a friend to go to Pure Barre. After class, we went to a juice bar and then did some shopping. It was so much fun catching up with her and getting a good workout in at the same time!
I nannied all day on Thursday, which was so much fun because I did so many activities with the boy I nanny- hanging out at the park, getting Chick-fil-a, and going to the movies! We saw the Angry Birds movie, which was so much better than I expected it to be as it was actually pretty cute!
On my Radar:
1. Pure Barre! I checked another item off of my 101 in 1001 list and went to a few Pure Barre classes this week. It's been a while since I have worked out (at all honestly) and I am loving Pure Barre so far! Not to mention, I was sore for a solid three days after my first class, it was insane! I'm planning on sharing a post all about my experience so be on the lookout for that!
2. This to-do list is so cute!
3. Over college trips, my friends introduced me to Sworkit and I'm loving it! It's an app that comes up with workouts for you to do (you insert workout type such as yoga or cardio and duration) and even though I have only used it a few times, it's so awesome!
4. I think I may need to pull the trigger and buy these bright pink Hunter rainboots (they're on sale!)
5. Frannie styled a bow back seersucker dress on her blog the other day and it was so gorgeous!
6. Tomorrow, I'm taking the ACT (wish me luck!) but I am so excited to be done with standardized testing for the summer afterwards!
7. Lilly Pulitzer has new arrivals- cue the heart eyes emojis!
8. I picked up this nail polish at Target last weekend and it's so cute and summery!
9. Love Dorothy's guide to Greenville, South Carolina (where I visited in this post)
10. I'm in need of a new powder foundations- any suggestions?
Be sure to check out my posts from this week:
May Favorites ⎢ Sweet Summer Linkup: Summer Bucket List ⎢ How to Shop at Lilly Pulitzer (For Less!) ⎢ Luxletic & Lulu